- Midwest Chemical Safety is a
nationwide, full-service environmental, health and safety consulting firm. MCS is
committed to the protection of our client's workforce and the environment by
assisting by providing safe and effective hazardous materials handling
methods, training and compliance assistance for Federal, State and Local
MCS is especially attuned to the
needs of small and midsize businesses that require environmental health and
safety support but cannot afford an entire EH&S department or full-time
staff. MCS works with closely with our clients to assist them in meeting
their workforce's EH&S needs and goals.
Exposure Monitoring- MCS will set up, conduct and evaluate effective
exposure monitoring programs at the client's worksite.
Monitoring studies are conducted using NIOSH approved methods
and ACGIH recommendations. The company will provide fully
documented reports signed by a board-certified industrial
Harry Elston, Ph.D., CIH
Curriculum Vitae Highlights To request a complete CV please click here
- Professional Certifications
- Certified Industrial Hygienist -
Diplomate, American Board of Industrial Hygiene. (Comprehensive Practice).
Certificate number 8258, 2002-Present.
- Professional Societies
- American Industrial Hygiene Association, 2003-Present.
- Professional Experience
- Laboratory Manager and Chemical Hygiene Officer with a state radiochemistry laboratory (1992-Present).
- Midwest Chemical Safety, Dawson, IL. Principal. 1996-Present.
- Professional Involvement
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Chemical Health & Safety, 1999-Present.
- Certification Examination Committee, National
Registry of Certified Chemists, 2000.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Publication Committee,
Committee Member. 2002-Present.
- American Chemical Society Committee on Chemical Safety.
Safe Practices Subcommittee Chair, 2008-Present.
- American Chemical Society Representative to ANSI Z9.5 Laboratory Ventilation Committee
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics and Chemistry,
Richland Community College, Decatur, IL.
- Awards and Honors
- Howard Fawcett Chemical Health and Safety Award, Division of Chemical
Health and Safety, American Chemical Society, 2003.
- Fellow, Division of Chemical Health and Safety of the American Chemical